Sunday, July 2, 2017

M S(toic) D

Will never in my life forget that moment when an obscure guy with long hair and wry smile lifted that maiden T20 world cup for India in September of 2007.

From thin air a guy had produced a feat which gave me the joy which even the likes of Azhar,Sachin,Saourav and Dravid were not able to give.

It was not MSD being a finisher or wicket keeper or a captain which made him my real life hero but it was his stoicism.

MSD must be made synonym of "stoic". I still can't forget that stoic face when he got run out on 99 in a test match against England or even when he hit that historic six off Kulasekara on that historic night of 2nd april 2011.

MSD made me learn the art of calmness and patience in difficult situations which i tried hard to imitate in my real life and which no doubt brought stability.

You will always be my real life champion and not just a cricketing star who we relish on television screens.

Hope to see the old explosive Dhoni now on cricketing field.

No comments:

Post a Comment